Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

help

I was just in the emergency room, my lower back has been hurting me for awhile and i don;t know whats going on. They took a catscan and a sonogram and saw nothing, but when testing my urine saw  a good amout of red blood cells and calcium. I really don;t know what to do bacause im in alot of pain. Please respond.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The pain may have been due to urinary tract stones. These may not be visible in the scan because it is possible that you may have passed the stones already. Other elements in the urinalysis should be noted. Was there presence of casts, protein and bacteria ?Your serum calcium ,inorganic phosphate and uric acid levels may need to be assessed.

What were the circumstances that could have caused your back pain?

Was the back pain sudden in onset or is this something that has been present for quite some time?

Have you noted any change in urine character or urinary patterns lately prior to the onset of the pain?