Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
hydronephrosid/ureter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

hydronephrosid/ureter

My son was born with hydronephrosis and hydrouereter. He also has ureter seal in his bladder. Hes already had one suregery to deflate the seal and now they want to go in a remove it completely as well as do some reconstructive surgery to help reroute the urine flow from the left upper portion if his kidney which doesnt function properly. My question is hes inly 14 months old can i wait until he gets a little older? Does any onr else have this and have they haf issues as adults? Im so scared for him and i wish it were ne and not my baby
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Hydroureter and hydronephrosis can cause urinary tract infections, pyelonephritis and also complications like kidney damage, renal enlargement and even kidney failure if left untreated. The timing of the procedure depends upon the underlying cause of hydronephrosis and hydroureter and the associated medical conditions that may be present. His treating nephrologist can clarify your concerns. Do discuss your queries with his attending doctor. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!
Please keep us posted .. we are thinking of you.

C~