Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
i keep dry retching for no reason, why?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

i keep dry retching for no reason, why?

I keep dry retching for no reason and i have no idea why.
It starts in the morning when i brush my teeth, then after breakfast when i usually take a multivitamin and a fish oil tablet, i retch during then and it gets a bit hard to take the tablets...
Then during the day i just feel it in my throat that i'm about to retch, or i actually do retch. I keep sipping some water to prevent anything from happening (i never actually vomit, just gag/retch), and (im guessing this is as a result from all the water) i've been peeing lots too (i'm a guy so fingers crossed i'm not pregnant).
This started yesterday morning.
Also, yesterday while at the gym, i sort of retched (again) but it turned into a cough, and while i coughed it sort of felt sore on my left side above my hip (which i believe is where my left kidney is located).

I'm guessing the source of my retching is due to some slightly extra mucous i can feel at the back of my throat. Not sure why i have some extra, i'm not sick or anything, though 2-3 weeks ago a number of my college classmates had a cold while i never contracted it.
Also i have a pretty sensitive gag reflex (my dentist can confirm this lol, and for this reason i dont even eat lollypops), which is probably why im retching from a little extra mucous at the back of my throat.

Is this anything to worry about, or will this just go away?