Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
increase in creatine level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

increase in creatine level

I have had my kidney transplant 10 years ago . the creatine level was stable until 2005 when the figure rose from 150  to 220 . A scan was done to find out about the kidney function , the result was normal and  Biopsy test was carried out and it was reported that it could be a "wear and tear" in the kidney . Later I read that a high dosage of cyclosporine  tablet intake for a long time might affect kidney function  then I was on 150mg twice a day between 20004- 2006 . It was later reduced and the creatine remain stable  between 220- 240 until few week ago that it rose to 283. My concern is that what could cause the sudden increase and is it possible for it to come down in the future .Is there any suggestion to what can be done to lower the creatine level?

thanks.
HI i just joined this site but i was on Cyclo for around 14 years i had losrt of damage to the kidney due toxicity i am now on tacromulus or Prograf  which is a much stronger drug and doesnt cause as much toxicity to the kidney as cyclo dose and with newwer transplants doctors have stopped cyclo as an immunosuppresent and using prograf and micrphonolate instead. Microphenolate is also a good drug but has bad side effects anf u talk 2 ur doc then he or she can prescribe wat med u should b on. hope this helps