Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
kidney disease?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

kidney disease?

I had a urine test done last week because I been having a little pain. Currently taking peginterferon and copegus for hepatitis c treatment. Been on it for 7 months now. Anyway my urine test showed, cloudy, glucose 150, trace of protein and hemoglobin. Urobilinogen was elevated. A few crystals and rbc was 3-5. My sister had a kidney transplant 11 years ago due to scarring of kidneys. My father, my 2 sisters and I have always had red blood cells in urine. They never could find out why. Is any of this due to my medications?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Cloudy urine   is caused by blood in urine, UTI, bladder infection, kidney stones, gonorrhea and other causes. Glucose can be seen in diabetes mellitus, pheochromocytoma or it can be transient stress induced.Urobiliongen in urine is seen in UTI or hepatitis. Trace protein can be seen in normal persons also. The presence of 3-5 RBCs in urine can be seen in urinary tract infection; kidney stone etc. and is an indication of further testing. Any test result should be correlated clinically. Discuss your test results with your doctor. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!