Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
kidney abcess(abscess)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

kidney abcess(abscess)

i had a lot of pain in my back for several months and was rush to hospital in intense pain to find out after several tests i had a abcess (abscess) in my kidney along with both tubes blocked with stones. the hospital operated which left me with a kidney drain with 2 tubes on for 3 months i had them removed this week as my kidney started to regain function and i have a stent placed in but it is so uncomfortable and painful has put me off eating properly(eat fruit only) any suggestions i cant kept putting a hot water bottle on all the time? please help
Man, i'm sorry to hear this, I can only imagine what you're going thru. Right now i'm going thru discomfort in my lower back. People say it's a small stone, but the CT Scan did not pick up anything. Just the other day I peed debri or cyrstal. I grabbed one and I squashed it with my nail and desolved like sand. I also have blood in my urine which i don't see (not visible to my eyes). I've been drinking alot of liquid, By reading your story I just hope it does'nt happen to me, I'm praying to God for this pain to go away.
good luck brother
hi thanks been told it is rare to get abcess (abscess) inside your kidney but i happened , i have no luck at all. will give it a week to settle if not get in touch with my doctor. sorry you hear your having trouble life does bring a lot a problems our way hope your feeling better soon and get to the bottom of it.