Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
kidney disorder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

kidney disorder

I have had type 1 diabetes for about 6 years now, but recently been having severe pain mostly on the left side of my lower back.  I started to have blood in my urine so went to the doctors to have some tests done.  I had an infection before and thought it was the same thing again, but after having blood work done I was told that I had no infection.  Since I was persistent with my doctor that something was seriously wrong, he decided to send me for a cat scan.  The next day I received a call saying that I had to see a renal specialist immediately.  I was told by the renal doctor that I had renal papilary necrosis.  She told me there was no treatment and that overtime if I controlled by diabetes well it would go away.  This was a few months ago, but I'm still in allot of pain and I feel extremely tired all the time.  I could sleep all day and still be tired!!!!  Should I seek a second opinion on my condition or could this be something more serious?