Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
kidney failure linked to burn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

kidney failure linked to burn

Is it possible to have a connection of kidneys failing due to 3rd degree burn on lower back due to a product?  I had used a product called "Thermacare", which is a heatwrap for muscle pain-it is like a belt that holds 4 vertical rows of 4 oval discs that become "warm" activated by air. Needless to say, I have used these  numerous times with great success and have ALWAYS followed the warnings. They say wear up to 8 hours , but I never did, you don't need to the heat retains in your muscles up to 8 more hours. Several days after wearing it ,I was going through extreme,severe pain, weakness, fatigue. I saw my primary doctor and we couldn't figure it out, the next day, my son took me to the emergency room, that particular doctor,treated me as though I was drug seeking,my son said he was disrespectful,and unprofessional, i was in tears and had been for days and he INSISTED i sign out-I had to make him check my chest! no blood/urinalysis! The next day I took my pain to my therapist not knowing what to do- he said if I was still soo bad the next day he would have me admitted through the psych ward to try and get me help-during that exam they ran my urine-my kidney function was at 20%-2 days after the ER-and as they undressed me-they saw the BLACK Char on my back from the brun i never felt because it was 3rd degree.  Can they be connected or is it a cooincidence. i have never had kidney or urinary infection problems before and the 7 months of wound care and suffering i have gone through doesn't seem to mean much to any one inow feel i need help for my bills-over 35,000-no ins & unemployed mom of 2--any help would be appreciated    THANX BUNCHES    ps-each disc contains iron (-2 grams)