Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
kidney pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

kidney pain

i have been having kidney pains just lately in both of my kidneys what could it be? i had it a few months ago and it went but its back again.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The common causes for the back pain could be infections/inflammations of the bowel, kidney disorders like pyeloneohritis, glomerulonephritis or renal colic. Others are pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, endometritis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I would advise you to  consult your primary care physician for evaluation of pain. He will ask for blood tests, urine analysis, an x ray and an ultra sonogram of the abdomen. Sometimes he may ask for an Intravenous pyelogram and a CT scan.  In the meantime take OTC Naproxen for pain relief and plenty of oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hello :-) i was rushed into hospital in december and was diagnosed with msk medullary sponge kidney, they was goig to remove my kidney due to the disease arrupting my other kidney but they said it was to dangerous ... they then made me an oppiontment to see a major kidney speasialist they said i need to see one asap and the waiting list is a year but they have put me in for feb... they are putting me on a diabetes ward and i dont understand why?

Xx