Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
kidney stone and vaginal sores

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

kidney stone and vaginal sores

I was diagnosed in the ER with a 7x9mm stone four weeks ago.  Put on Macrabid and sent home with pain meds.  Advised me to seek a urologist the stone to large to pass 7 x 9 mm..next doctor put me on Keflex and tried to get a lithotripsy procedure done  before he went on vacation..Nope could not do it..so off to another urologist..he puts me on Cipro!..three anitbiotics in a week and half..lithotripsy finally done..sent home with a stent in and terrible bladder cramping.  Given Oxybutynin, Flomax and Norco...4 hours later urine is pouring out of me, I have no control over it..stent is very painful, got doctor on the phone and told to come in next day!...by the time I got to his office 3/4 of the stant is hanging out my vagina and I am in so much pain.  He removes the stent..sent home..cramping goes on for days, terrible urination pain .Passing fragments and "sand".Now this doctor has gone on vacation..so his nurse said to go to my GP doctor and get a urine test..she puts me on Microbid (fourth antibiotic!)..just in case of infection...No infection shows up but I have the worst burning..We are a week past lithotripsy!)..told by nurse to take piridium till next week when the doctor is in!..I can't wait a week so go to urgent care..they find "sores" like canker sores in the vagina area..they sting like crazy when the urine touches them...he takes a culture give me lidocaine to numb the area and one pill for yeast just in case!...Yes I have owned the pharmacy by this time..could all the unnecessary antiobiotics of cause these painful sores in the vagina? There is no sign of UTI or Yeast.  And could the bladder spasms of caused the stent to reject itself and push it out of my body.  The pain from all this has been worse then having a kidney stone attack...I am in week four of all this mess and still living on pain pills, flomax, Ocybutynin for spasms and lidocaine for the sores.  Anyone ever heard of such a mess.  Oh forgot..straining urine and still having little grains of sand coming out, no pain with the passing (I am straining urine)...how long before all the stones fragments are passed, can it take over three weeks to have "clean urine"..help the sores are so painful.  This has been nightmare and not sure I want to see anymore doctors or have them put me on anymore meds!