Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
left back kidney hurts and swollen lymph nodes around groin area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

I'm a 21 year old male and about a week ago after having intercourse multiple times with my girlfriend one day, it burned when I urinated. That went on for a couple of days. Then my back left kidney started hurting... not a really strong pain it just felt like a throbbing pain. So I went to get checked and see what was going on and they thought it was a kidney stone. So they took an x-ray and took blood and there was no sign of anything and they said the stone could be so small it's not seen in the x-ray. And there was also no bacteria in my urine. Yesterday I felt around my inner thighs, right above my groin area and both sides felt swollen. The left side a little higher than the right. What could be going on? My girlfriend has been having similar symptoms and she's also had a sore throat. I am a little worried.
You and your girlfriend need to get in to see your doctors as soon as you can, because you're both showing symptoms of an infection that is in the Chlamydia family which needs to be treated with antibiotics before it progresses any further. Don't wait this thing out, it can do a lot of damage!

Speedy recovery for you both!