my 4yr old son suffering some abdominal pain and frequent urination
help, just wanna ask if anybody has experienced the same case as my child, he's suffering from abdominal pains and frequent trip to the bathroom...some times he's also having a hard time to pee. We Brought him to ER because of severe pain... doctors order some blood work , urinalysis, ultrasound aNd ct scan but apparently evrEything turns out to be normal, we stayed in the hospital for 4 days and doctors prescribed him some antibiotics.  But since we got home nothings change.. By the way the pediatric kidney specialist told me that they found some small amount of fluid in his kidney and i have nothing to worry about. Please hope you can help us. thanks!
There are many things that can cause the symptoms you describe.  HOWEVER, as an IC (Interstitial Cystitis) patient and IC support group leader, we find that  IC is much more common in children then known and doctors often mistake the diagnosis.

ICis an inflammatory bladder disease and it does not show on standard tests.  If you would like to pm me I would be glad to send you some links to info on IC.  After reading them you can decide if it is possible this is could be causing your sons symptoms and discuss the possiblity with his doctors.

I have written a book for kids with IC that we hope to have published this year.  The reason I wrote the book is that there is little info out there for kids.

We do also have a pelvic pain support forum here on Medhelp too.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Interstitial-Cystitis-IC--Pelvic-Pain-Support-Forum/show/412

I hope you find the answers for you son and
I would be glad to help any way I can.

Shelly