sharp abdominal pain
Both sides sporadically on occasion.  Sharp and 30 sec fleeting.  My last MD visit said I had ovulatory dysfunctional bleeding.   I am 53 with perio-menopausal symptoms and I still ovulate.  I have not had my appendix out; however the sharp fleeting pain was around the ovulatory units both sides sporadically and interchangeably.  

I gave a successfully one time only child lower forcep delivery @ 39 that was very painful.  
I have had diverticulitis in the past but not within the last 10 years.
I do drink a lot of wine...as an addiction that I watch inbetween healthy lifestyle.  I spent 2 years in Europe in my  
younger years, so for me it is a meal/thing...sipping in the evening...not in the day.

I had a grandmom who died of a kidney disease about mid- 70's.  She was a non-drinker.  I have a bit of urinary incontenance but I think it is because of my age as I am 53.    Other than that, any other family symptoms are not pertinant.

If you have Kidney Stones you can have front pain as if you are giving birth the pain goes on and off as if you are in labor. You should get a CT scan and see if thats what it could be and they can see if you have anything else wrong with your Kidneys. If you have a Kidney disease your legs will be all messed up and you wouldn't be able to walk good and excessive problems but it could be stones. You should get it checked out because it could get worst.