Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Abdominal pain-just gas/muscle stress or something worse?

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

I have had pain in my lower abdomen/ groin since late last night. At first I thought it was just gas or indigestion but it continued to get worse and it is now almost 24 hours later and it still hurts. I went out for some drinks with friends and had some heavy nachos and a lot of alcohol. The pain began after sex later in the night once I stood up to go to the bathroom. The pain is low right above my pubic area and is more in the middle. It hurts when i walk and use my stomach muscles to poo etc. but I can pee normally. Every once in a whike there is a very sharp pain in my groin and colon like i have bad gas or constipation. Could I have pulled a muscle during sex? Could I have torn something? Or is it something more serious like a hernia or kidney stones? I'm not sure how to treat it and have been trying to wait it out if it is just gas or a pulled muscle...
It doesn't sound like a kidney stone, but only evaluation with a urine test and x-ray could tell for sure.