Kidney Stones Community
(After) Kidney Stone Surgery
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

(After) Kidney Stone Surgery

Hi I'm asking this for my mother.
She was diagnosed with kidney stones around 2 years back and straight after had the surgery to have them removed.
Afterwards she noticed her stomach had somehow 'inflated' and now it is 3 times the size it was before the surgery.

The doctor she had seen about this hasn't really helped so i'd like to know the reasons why this could have happened and if possible are there any ways she could treat this?

She's had seven children in her life which may be the reason why she isn't obese but slightly on the overweight side and her stomach protruding has reduced her self esteem dramatically

Any answers and tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It may not be related to the surgery. Abdominal bloating could be due to Irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, pelvic infections and ovarian pathologies. It could also be due to fat or fluid or gas. Blood tests, ultrasonography and sometimes colonoscopy may be needed to diagnose the cause. Please consult your primary care physician for proper assessment and therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank