Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Bloody urine 8 weeks

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Bloody urine 8 weeks

Diagnosis of kidney stones. Expected to be small enough to pass. One has passed. Is it common to have bloody urine this long?
sometimes stones can cause blood in the urine, but if the blood is going on and on, you may need the blood looked at by itself.  This might require xrays and a look inside the bladder.
Thank you. Broken up stone and grit finally passed. No more bloody urine and no more pain episodes. Doctor checked for infection etc before and cystoscopy fairly recently. I just got concerned about the length of time. Used Chianca Piedre to assist and lemon juice in water- lots of water.Thank you again - this is a great service.
Once I saw how sharp the remaining shards of stone were - and the rest of it was like shell grit- it's not surprising that it would cause bleeding in narrow delicate structures. Apart from drink a lot of water - which I do anyway -the research on most helpful prevention is pretty wishy-washy. One study suggested the effervescent alkalising potassium and sodium citrates etc to be taken at night only was 75% effective for prevention. My stones  are the usual calcium oxalate  type.
consult a doctor immediatly....

...................................
google
The best way to tailor prevention would be for you to do a 24 hour collection of your urine while eating and drinking a normal diet (for you).  This sample can then be analyzed for calcium, oxalate, volume, citrate and many other factors that can cause recurrent stones.  A urologist or nephrologist with experience in dietary management of stones could order and interpret this study for you.