Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Carbonate Apatite stones

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Carbonate Apatite stones
I had 10 kidney stones removed and passed one while I was waiting 6 weeks to have surgery. It's been difficult to communicate with my doctors office to say the least. I managed to get a copy of the stone analysis which revealed 100% Carbonate Apatite stones. Can you tell me what the common name is for these stones, what I can do to minimize the chance of having more and how these are formed. I was also told I have a narrowing at the UPJ and UVJ. It was so narrow I had to have a stent to passively dilate my ureter so the ureteroscopy could be done on the next surgical attempt.  Are these serious issues? Could I really have to have a nephrectomy because of this?
Thank you for your assistance.
Can someone please help me find out what kind of stones these are and what to avoid please.
Did you ever get a response to this?? I just recently got a copy of my stone analysis too and it also said 100% carbonate apatite.... doctor gave no explanation.
Nope no one ever responded. Too bad right?
It is sad..... well I see t he urologist again on friday so if I get any explanation i will definately let ya know ;-) I hope youre doing better.