Kidney Stones Community
DO i have a kidney stone?

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

DO i have a kidney stone?

Im too scared to pee because im afraid i have a kidney stone. I had pains on my lower left abdomen two days ago but not on my back and it wasnt a sharp piercing pain just a dull annoying pain almost like a cramp. The next day if i concentrated hard i could feel a little pain on my lower left back. My pee was always either light yellow or see through because ive been drinking lots of water. I have also been drinking one or two protein shakes a day so im starting to believe that caused it so i stopped.
I have had no fever in the two days, i have had diarahea, ive been sweating once in a while but my house is really warm. Im scared right now, i have not gotten an ultra sound or xray because i dont wanna alarm anybody because about a month ago i had myseld totally convinced i have tetanus but when i went to my doctor my records showed i was covered with the vaccination. Ive been getting really paranoid but im scared again. Someone please help me. Also if i did have a stone how would i know when im going to pass, am i only able to find out by urinating?
Whatever you do, do NOT stop going to urinate if you need to go.

You will not know if you have a kidney stone if this does not move.
If a stone starts to move, you will experience pain, possibly have a high fever, feel like vomiting or have nausea, have diarrhea, your urine will look dark may have visible blood, or may be clouding indicating that there is an infection.

You must keep drinking.  2-3 litres of water per day is recommended to be drunk daily, more if you are sweating a lot or working out.  Sometimes a urologist may tell you to drink more.  Do not drink more than that because an overdose of water can be just as dangerous as getting dehydrated.

When you urinate and have a problem, not only will the urine be abnormal (not light straw coloured) but may have a smell like offal (kidneys, liver).

The pain in your left lower abdomen may be from renal colic or may be from bowel problems.

If you have had kidney stones in the past, the likely chance of you getting them again is increased.

It is only by having an ultrasound scan or other forms of xrays that you would know if you have a kidney stone or not.  If they do not move you will experience no problem at all.

Kidney stone problems and infections would also give you pain in the side on the back or front depending on which kidney is affected.

You can urinate in a see through glass jar and if you do see any sediment or your urine is cloudy, they make an appointment with your doctor and get your urine sample tested for any infections.

Sometimes kidney stones can be very small like a grain of sand and will pass through the urethra without any medical intervention.  When this happens you will probably feel a lot of pain as it passes out.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much
How are you ?  did you pass the stone?

Thinkng of you .......... C~