Kidney Stones Community
Diagnosed with kidney stone
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Diagnosed with kidney stone

It is first time I've been diagnosed with kidney stone via x-ray & sonography. It measures 4.5mm. The report says solitary left lower ureteric calculus with secondary secondary back pressure changes in the left kidney and ureter. Left lower ureteric calculus noted. I'm 26 male.

I have two qns
1. This is first time something like this has happened.. How do I avoid it.. or try to find out source in kidney.
2. How will it pass further ?
3. I had unbearable pain in morning & doc gave me some injection. With that pain reduced in 30 mins.
4. Can 4.5mm be passed through penis ??? I dont think penis hole is generally big enough to pass 4.5 mm object.
Can it be stuck in penis ? What should I do ?
5. How long should it generally take to pass it through.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Also, I could not see any blood in my urine. But report says urine has blood. Also, there was some visible blood in stool. Any clue whats going on ?
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A person with a normal-size ureter can usually pass a kidney stone with a diameter less than 5 mm. As the your stone size is less than this, your doctor may wait for it to pass. The blood in the urine is due to the stone. If it does not pass,  ureteroscopy may be needed for removing the stone.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank