Kidney Stones Community
Did I pass a stone?
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Did I pass a stone?

On 27 August a CT scan detected a 5mm kidney stone, and was on the lower third of my tract. On 6 September I had blood on the tissue paper and abdominal pain (along with the typical flank pain). I had urgent and frequent urination but not much coming out. It reminded me of UTI symptoms. Anyhow, that evening the pain subsided and I haven't felt any pain or had any urination difficulties since then.

I'm scheduled to have a scope procedure tomorrow but I wonder if it's needed. The office is closed on Tuesdays and I don't think it's urgent to page the on call doctor but maybe I should?
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi - based on my personal experience (I'm not a dr of course) you either passed the stone or it has shifted position and is not causing additional pain at the moment.  All it takes is one sharp edge to touch the lining of your kidneys or urethra and it is excrutiating .. if the stone changed position it can be pain-free again.

Hoping that you did pass thestone .. a 5.0mm oftentimes can be seen if you are looking for passage of a stone and definitely can be detected if you are straining for it IMHO

Keep us posted!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank