Kidney Stones Community
Do I have a Kidney stone ?

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Do I have a Kidney stone ?

Please help ! I just stopped my period on Monday and I thought the pain I was having was caused from my ovaries ! But after my period ended I continued to have really bad lower right side abd pain and it moves around to my back ! Could this be a kidney stone or a cyst on my ovary ? When it first started it kind felt like spasms that would just come and go but now it's a constant pain ! :(
I was born with a condition that causes my body to create kidney stones. I have been to the emergency room 4 times in the past 18 years for the large stones, small ones pass ok. Although I am a male I understand very well the pain you may be in. My first stone caused bleeding and severe back pain also with pain in the lower abdomen area along with hot/cold flashes and vomiting. I though it was my appendix. I was wrong. My wife has had cysts removed from here ovaries wich may be the case but it sounds like kidney stones.
Go to a doctor and get a ct scan of your kidney, then they should be able to send that info to a uralogist that can help you. I have to drink plenty of water every day. Stay away from soft drinks if you can help it and processed foods high in sodium.
I currently have a large one in each kidney right now arround 7mm-8mm in size which may require the doctor to blast with ultrasoun.
Good luck
I forgot to tell you that products containing citric acid such as lemons help to prevent the formation of new stones, it will not help any current stones you may have.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

This could be renal colic. Small stones can obstruct the passage of urine and when the body tries to 'push' against the blockade this results in colic, which is severe attacks of pain. Other causes for the pain are pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I would advise you to re consult your primary care physician for evaluation of pain. He will ask for blood tests, urine analysis, an x ray and an ultra sonogram of the abdomen. Sometimes he may ask for an Intravenous pyelogram and a CT scan.  In the meantime take OTC Naproxen for pain relief and plenty of oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.