Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Excessive protein in urine

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Excessive protein in urine
I am a healthy 31 year old male and after getting a couple of blood/ urine tests, they have determined my protein level in urine is high. In the 24 hr urine collection, I had 864 mg of urine and it should be < 150mg. I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes symptoms. My only issue now is headaches I get every day which goes away when I take ibuprofen.

I have been working out a pretty decent amount and I am thin but muscular so this could be causing higher protein levels (from what I have read).

I am going to have some more testing done but in the mean time does anyone have any ideas what the deal is?
You need to see a nephrologist.  This is not the right forum for this type of problem.