Kidney Stones Community
Kidney Pain, Pregnant

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Kidney Pain, Pregnant

Might sound strange, but I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have had kidney stone pain off and on for the past three weeks. I ended up in the ER a few days ago with extreme pain and they told me I was most likely passing a stone (no infection, but blood in urine). They can't do a CT Scan or high pain meds due to the pregnancy. I started having pain again today. My strange question is, could my growing uterus be pushing my organs around and pushing my kidneys causing a stone to move around? I don't think I've passed anything because I only feel the pain in my kidney. I've passed them before and I always feel pain moving towards my front and bladder.
I was diagnosed with multiple stones in both kidneys...so I know they're in there! Thanks in advance for any help!!
I can't answer your question about being pregnant pushing your organs around because I don't know the answer. As a man, all I can think is "Ok, well if I swallowed a basketball in my abdoman area, wouldn't something there before the basketball be pushed"!!?? LOL! Being pregnant though causes many changes to your body and I would assume it's possible. With stones in both kidneys, and the pain from a stone only happening when the stone(s) are moving, I'd say that for sure you have stones moving, but the reasons it, or they, are moving right now could be multiple. If it continues, I'd believe that your doctor will have to do something to relieve your pain as you shouldn't have to handle that and the discomforts of pregnancy too!

Good Luck and please keep us updated.