Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
1068689 tn?1325830806
Kidney stone or something else?
For some time now, over a year, sometimes when I urinate I will end up with some pain at the tip of my penis and have to push a little to urinate. When I finally do, there are reddish/brown particles which will land into the toilet (no blood). This could last 2 or 3 sessions throughout the day. Then it'll go away for weeks with no symptoms. Other times it will last days like this. The particles are sand like, granular in nature.

I do not have any pain in my back or side when this happens.

I do notice pressure in my abdomen or bladder when this takes place. So I know ahead of time when it is going to take place. It also gets worse when I wear a belt too tight or sit on the edge of a chair for too long.  

Is this a form of kidney stones or something else? Anyone else have this issue?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
168348 tn?1379360675
Hi,

I would definitely see your doctor to see if you have micro-hematuria (bleeding not seen by naked eye) occurring during the times you don't see these particles.  They could be dried blood (although I'm not a doctor .. just a member with a lot of kidney stones) or particles of kidney stones or small stones.  Any time you have any symptoms as you describe, which can indicate a kidney stone (renal calculi), abdominal pain, hematuria (bleeding), etc. a doctor needs to be consulted.  They can do an ultrasound, urinalysis and if needed a CT Scan without contrast.

Keep us posted and feel better soon!

C~
Comment
Cancel
168348 tn?1379360675
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
1068689 tn?1325830806
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources