Kidney Stones Community
Kidney stones, please help me!

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Kidney stones, please help me!

7893043?1335314600
Ive had surgery twice already with the lazer and I keep getting these stones for the past 10 years. I don't want surgery again. I hate havint that innanimate object the stent inside of me for a week afterwards. I have lost a job because of calling in and being in pain. I have new formations atleast once every 3 months. I passed one stone on Sunday which the picture is posted below. I have tried changing my diet all together, avoiding all the things like calcium and oxalate rich foods/drinks. Drinking lemon juice squeezed into mass quantitites of water daily and I recently started Biking more often. I am getting tired of this burden and I have seen a few different urologists. I don't know where to turn so I am seeking help here. I posted this picture because maybe it can help you help me! It does look like a calcium oxalate stone to me. Any information is appreciated.

please, and thank you for your time,
Matthew

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/34g1rw9.jpg[/IMG]
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The causes for stone formation are urinary tract infections, kidney disorders and metabolic disorders like hyperparathyroidism. In addition to this a person with a strong family history is more likely to develop stones. So, the stone formation causes need to be dealt with to prevent stone formation. In addition the therapy for renal stones depends on the size, the location and the kidney functions. Certain foods are likely to aggravate the stone formation.

Dietary changes may help prevent kidney stone formation if you are prone for it. Prevention strategies for kidney stones include - Increasing your daily fluid intake and taking the recommended daily allowance of calcium. Increase your fluid intake to the point where your urine volume reaches 2.5 litres a day. This may mean drinking up to 3 litres a day, if you live in a hot, dry climate or if you are involved in strenuous physical activity. Increasing urine volume decreases the concentration of minerals in the urine. This makes it less likely that a stone will form. Also, frequent voiding and drinking plenty of water can help prevent urinary tract infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
not a professional but to me it sounds a lot like you have cystine kidney stones, which are hereditary. that's what I have and I've had 42 lipotripsy surgeries and five where they actually cut through your back. that's within the last 7 years. I too have lost jobs due to it. from experience no diet changes seem to help. you could see a nephrologist instead of an urologist.
are you on some kind of disability because I swear if I loose another job I might just goto a nephrologist myself. as for the other comment I don't have a urinary tract infection, as for physical activity i bike to and from work 5km each way..  and yeah water I am getting sick of it... but its good after biking :P
i just recently got disability for it. i've lost 3 jobs because of it and failed my first semester of college because of it. i know what you mean i jog every other day and do p90x on the days i don't jog, so physical activity has nothing to do with it. water....yeah, water *****. sorry didn't respond sooner and hope everything is going better for you.