Kidney Stones Expert Forum
Need help!

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Need help!

Let me start off by saying I'm a 24 year old female. A year ago I passed a kidney stone. I recently got kidney pain again and got an ultrasound that showed I had more stones (this was in the beginning of 2012) They told me that if they passed, they are small enough to let them pass on their own. My question is, here it is being December and last night I started having sharp stomach pain (particularly above my belly button). I had a 100.7 fever and loss of appetite. Today the sharp pain isn't as bad, but has moved farther down to my lower stomach. My stomach is inflammed and makes weird noises from time to time. I have checked my stool and it appears normal. When I try to eat or drink the sharp pain seems to worsen. So my question is: could this possibly be a kidney stone trying to pass and it got stuck? They said I have several stones so is it possible for them to try to pass at once and cause a blockage at all which would lead to these symptoms?
A stone passing and a fever is a possible emergency.  Stones do not usually cause pain around the belly button, but other things like appendicitis can present with pain like this and fever.  If you still have a fever and abdominal pain, you should be seen by a doctor, either in the office, or in the emergency room.