Kidney Stones Community
On and off pains

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

On and off pains

I'm having these pains on and off in my inner right thigh.    I haven't done any workout that involves inner thighs.     Could this be a swollen lymph node or I was just sleeping wrong.   I also wanna make sure if its not hiv as well
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If there is a swelling it could be a lymph node. It could also be a sebaceous cyst, a boil or an insect bite. Inguinal (groin) lymph nodes can be enlarged in infections of the draining areas namely the legs and buttocks. They can also be enlarged in sexually transmitted diseases like lymphogranulomavenereum and granuloma inguinale. Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. To confirm the presence of HIV infection, the most specific test would be testing for its antibodies with an ELISA test which is a screening test which looks for antibodies in the blood. The antibodies are usually produced within 1-3 months of the infection. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.