Kidney Stones Community
Very nauseous & extreme vomiting
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Very nauseous & extreme vomiting

Hi I am trying to get some different experiences from others. My husband had a procedure called Lithotripsy & has a stent in place for a few weeks (this was done 10 days ago) - the stone was 8mm. I was just wondering if anybody has ever had intense vomiting with a Kidney Stone attack, or after a stent was in place? He was in alot of pain of course, which actually subsided to almost nil, but the vomiting persisted well over 5 hrs. after an attack!  None of the doctors can figure out this symptom because they all say the vomiting comes from being in pain!  It is very frustrating because all the doctors tell him to keep very hydrated but he is vomiting every 20 minutes. Anybody else have similar experience? He had an attack yesterday which started with cramps, testicle pain & lower left pain (Kidney) but it was never very bad, this pain only lasted about an hour. Then he has been sick with intense vomiting for 2 days. Could this be another Kidney stone, or fragments from the Lithotripsy procedure? Even with a stent in? Any iformation would be mush appreciated :)
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi - just saw your post.  How is your husband?  Did he pass a fragment maybe? OUCH .. feel so bad for him.  Did they rule out gallstone?

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank