Kidney Stones Community
What are these little white color mucus like things in my urine?!

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

About one month ago, I woke up with severe pain on the right side of my abdomen. I tried to handle it but it lasted for hours and so I went to the ER. After blood tests and urine tests (the urine was too red), the doctor told me that it is just a little stone and I just need to drink water and everything will be fine. He only gave me pain killers...

3 days later, the pain has moved to my back also and I had fever for two days with continuous vomiting every time i drink or eat something I kept vomiting. I also was sweating a lot; especially on the area where I have the pain.

For some reason, I had the feeling that the stone has blocked the flow of urine, so I prepared myself for a surgery and went to the ER. And Yes! after CT scans, ultrasound, blood and urine tests, the urologist came and the doctor who examined me was whispering to him that my case is an interesting one because the function of the right kidney was normal 4 days ago and now it has fallen dramatically.

The urologist came to me and told me not to worry much and that I dont have kidney failure, but the flow of urine is blocked on my right side ureter and this might damage the kidney. Therefore I had to have a cytoscopy on the next day.

They placed a stent for me and when I woke up, the doctor said that they found too much infection and lot of pass came out, so they had to stop and they did not fragment the stone. He said that this pass and infection is most probably caused by the blockage of urine in the last 2 days.

After the cytoscopy, I had lots of blood clots and I had so painful and burning sensation when I urinate. It was like I am forcing the urine to flow out of my urethra (because of the clots). This lasted only for few hours and then I was able to urinate normally, but the urine was still red...

The doctor prescribed antibiotic for me and I had to take it for 14 days. Until this moment, I have sometimes burning sensation when I urinate and I frequently go to the toilet. Lately, I started to pass little blood clots and mucus-like white color clots, but this does not happen all day long and not every day. I often see small residuals at the bottom of the bottle where I urinate. Is this normal?

Today a very tiny hard piece came out (part of the stone I guess..). It has a dark brown/olive color. I kept collecting all urine today and I always see some tiny white color substances and sometimes little blood clots..

They are planning to remove the stent and try to fragment the stone after 10 days. Will I have severe pain and complications after removing the stent??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be the fragments of the stone, which you see. There could also be hematuria, blood in urine due to this, the residue could be due to the persisting infection. After the stone is fragmented, there will be pain as the pieces are excreted. Wish you well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.