Kidney Stones Community
Why now???
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why now???

I'm a 49yo male, never had kidney stones before.  I just passed a 9mm calcium oxylate stone and my doctor says there's another one working its way through my urinary tract.  My question is - Since I never had a stone before, why do I all of a sudden I have two at 49yo???

I have not changed my diet significantly, but I recently moved from the USA to Germany.  My diet does not match any of the risk factors I've read, and I drink the same bottled water I did in the US.  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The causes for stone formation are urinary tract infections, kidney disorders and metabolic disorders like hyperparathyroidism. In addition to this a person with a strong family history is more likely to develop stones. So, the stone formation causes need to be dealt with to prevent stone formation.  Certain foods are likely to aggravate the stone formation, like chocolate, sweet potatoes, spinach, soya bean crackers etc.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank