confused-conflicting test results
Hi, I am a 65 year old male. I had a renal sonogram that showed clean, then two weeks later I went to my GP who ordered a full workup and another sonogram. This one showed a 7mm stone. GP recommended immediate treatment. I went to a urologist a week later and had another sonogram done. This one also showed clean. I have no stone symptoms but am concerned.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
This is really strange that the ultrasound reports varied so much. You do not have any symptoms suggestive of renal stone as you mentioned but since 1 report has documented stone you should get reassured about whether there is any stone or not. A urine analysis may detect blood in the urine. It can also look for evidence of infection which can be a complication of kidney stone disease. Computerized tomography scanning of the abdomen without oral or intravenous contrast dye may help in visualizing the anatomy of the kidneys, ureter, and bladder and can detect a stone, its location, its size, and whether it is causing dilation of the ureter and inflammation of the kidney. If it is not suggestive of any stone you should stop worrying.
Best of luck and keep us posted!