Kidney Stones Community
help in so much pain

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

help in so much pain

Is constant throwing up part of having a kidney stone that's starting to move?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament, the pain is very severe and is referred to as renal colic. It occurs as episodes of pain recurring in nature. The pain is spasmodic in nature as the ureter is trying to push through the obstruction, which is usually a renal stone. The ureter is the tubular structure that connects the kidney to the bladder. So each time the urine tries to pass through the obstruction it causes severe pain. It can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sweating and sometimes blood in the urine. Vomiting does not indicate that the stone is passing through, usually there is some bleeding when the stone comes out and  you can visualize the stone.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I have had many stones .. some with nausea, most without.  Ea stone is so different.  You should be followed by a doctor .. even a small stone can be painful and cause issues and a larger one can, too.

I'm working on passing a 4.0mm one now that is lodged in the UPJ area .. well, that was as of 10 days ago.  

Also, good idea is to strain as you go to try and catch your gem.

C~
I threw up with everyone because if the pain, it was so severe that how much body handled it. I just got done passing about 60 stones within 1 year so I feel your pain. Drinks lots of water and fresh lemonade helps too!
OUCH and yes, it can.  It sometimes takes IV anti nausea with a combo of meds to work to stop the vomiting.  I ended up with Zofran + Reglan in the hospital.  Do be careful of dehydration .. so important.  It looks like it's been a long time since you posted (March) .. how are you doing now?

C~