Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.
In feb last year I felt like I had had the flu for a month. one night I had a chocolate ice-cream and as I was eating it all I could taste was metal, 5 seconds later I started vomiting nonstop. I got severe pain on my left side and felt like it was the worst pain of my entire life. I was rushed to hospital. They did blood tests and found a white cell count of 21. My kidney function was below 60.
* for a month after discharge my symptoms got worse, antibiotics did not help. I got high fevers, my blood pressure was measured at the doc to be 160 on top. My heart palpitations were extreme and I would wake up drenched in sweat with severe nausea, shaking badly and wanting to vomit.
I went back on the gluten in April as the only food I could tolerate was bread and fruit ice blocks. my fevers went away after a course of flagyl (5th antibiotic they tried).
* I saw a gastro who gave me an endoscopy and colonoscopy and found only blastocystis a parasite that doesn't usually cause such severe problems. I was treated with 5 weeks worth of antibiotics and the parasite tests came back negative.
* since this incident I have been extremely sick, here is a summary of my symptoms
* severe consistent nausea - especially with bowel movements
* heart palpitations
* stabbing pain on left side and sore rib cage
* chest/neck pain
*constant sore throat
* constant urge to poo
* mood swings
* entire body aches
* always feeling hot
* fevers between 37.5 and 38 that come and go for 2 or 4 days and then go away/chills
* sore lymph glands, thighs and breasts
* sensation of chest on fire with nausea
* 18 kilo weight loss
* stomach cramps
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.