Kidney Stones Expert Forum
help me pls

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

help me pls

In feb last year I felt like I had had the flu for a month. one night I had a chocolate ice-cream and as I was eating it all I could taste was metal, 5 seconds later I started vomiting nonstop. I got severe pain on my left side and felt like it was the worst pain of my entire life. I was rushed to hospital. They did blood tests and found a white cell count of 21. My kidney function was below 60.

* for a month after discharge my symptoms got worse, antibiotics did not help. I got high fevers, my blood pressure was measured at the doc to be 160 on top. My heart palpitations were extreme and I would wake up drenched in sweat with severe nausea, shaking badly and wanting to vomit.  

I  went back on the gluten in April as the only food I could tolerate was bread and fruit ice blocks. my fevers went away after a course of flagyl (5th antibiotic they tried).

* I saw a gastro who gave me an endoscopy and colonoscopy and found only blastocystis a parasite that doesn't usually cause such severe problems. I was treated with 5 weeks worth of antibiotics and the parasite tests came back negative.

* since this incident I have been extremely sick, here is a summary of my symptoms

*  severe consistent nausea - especially with bowel movements
* heart palpitations
* stabbing pain on left side and sore rib cage
* chest/neck pain
*constant sore throat
*dizziness
* constant urge to poo
* fatigue
* mood swings
* entire body aches  
* always feeling hot
* fevers between 37.5 and 38 that come and go for 2 or 4 days and then go away/chills
* sore lymph glands, thighs and breasts  
* sensation of chest on fire with nausea
* headaches  
* 18 kilo weight loss
* stomach cramps

Thank you,
Lena