Kidney Stones Community
help

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

help

hlo doctor i have stones in my kidney from last 5 year now i want to take some suppliments like whey protein and creatine so give me advice these product is good for my kidney stones or some side effect of this plz help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Can you elaborate on the size,  location or type of the kidney stones? What diagnostic tests were done in the past? Based from literature, whey supplementation may play a role in stone formation but may not be the single cause.  Drinking plenty of fluids and  limiting  your sodium may help. Also, additional dietary recommendations may be based on a 24-hour urine collection. It is best that you check with your doctor first for proper evaluation and management. Take care and do keep us posted.