Kidney Stones Expert Forum
kidney stone and lesion

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

kidney stone and lesion

I have been having major abdominal discomfort and have been seeing another GI doctor who has been treating me for GERD.  He did an endoscopy and some other tests.  My stomach issues have been getting worse (bloating, a lot of discomfort, feeling of nausea but no vomiting).  I wake up in the morning feeling sick to my stomach.  He ordered an abdominal CT scan, which I had done this morning. He called later on to tell me I have a small stone in my left kidney and a lesion on that kidney.  He said he was going to refer me to a urologist (I would think it should be a nephrologist?) and would probably need an MRI.  I have been looking up stones and lesions and am now scared half to death.  I also read that kidney stones can cause some of the abdominal issues I am experiencing. Is this true and could a small stone cause these problems?  I am really scared about this lesion.  I have not felt well for a long time and nobody can diagnose me.  Thanks
A small non-obstructing stone is a common "incidental" finding -- meaning it is there, but it is not the problem.  It doesn't sound like stone is the problem, although a urologist will have to look at your scan (NOT a nephrologist).  

A "lesion" is a very non-specific term and can mean anything from scar tissue to cancer.  The urologist you see will be able to tell you more about what the lesion is and any further workup required.
Thank you. Been up since 2:30 AM. Whole abdomen discomfort, dry mouth and phlegm. Think I am on the way to ER. Hate that place.
I was soooo sick and in so much discomfort.  Nothing I was taking here was helping so I did go to the ER.  Luckily, it was early and not too busy. I had to have another chest x-ray!  Young, female Doc came in to evaluate and had a good nurse. Took urine and blood samples. It so happened my own doctor had procedures in the hospital so he was around.  Well, they talked me into taking a cocktail of Lydocaine and something (Malox, maybe?) I have refused this before due to my throat/swallowing issues and using Lydocaine. Nurse said she had it before and would stay there with me.  Scary at first but didn't last long and my stomach started feeling better, finally! Doc said the tests were ok, ordered a good dose of Lorazapem (?)in the IV and sent me home with instructions to come back if I got bad again.  Well, I finally slept part of the day, had some dinner and no stomach issues yet. She thinks it is probably GERD too.  
So, maybe we can get this under control and I can start functioning again.  Keeping fingers crossed.
Thank you again.  
Dear friend,

hope you will be soon restored to health!

my skype: aliceliutong