Kidney Stones Expert Forum
kidney stones????

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

kidney stones????

In the beginning of August i began to have pain in my vag/groin area, buttocks, and low back.  I also had pain off and on in my mid-back and lower right pelvis.  I also began to have pain in my left pelvis and stomach around the belly button area.  I had several cat scans and they found an ovarian cyst that was removed Dec. 26th.  I have been gradually get worse and more severe pain. The pain in the mid-back is now constant and varies in intensity from dull to very severe.  My left pelvis, left side of my belly button.  On Friday I had an episode that was the worst pain i have ever felt in my life.  I went to the e.r. where they gave me a shot for pain (which worked)  My blood pressure was 145/80 which is high for me usually 110/60. pulse was 130. I also have been getting a weird metallic taste in my mouth.  The doctor at the e.r. said he would not do a cat scan because i have already had many.  I told him maybe with that episode we could now see the stone but he refused.  My blood work came back - white blood count - 15.40.  My red blood cells were low - 3.97. Glucose was high at 111 and my calcium level was low at 8.4(barely low).  Right now i have a lot of pain in my buttocks, left stomach and pelvis, Mid-back and left side around to the back.  I think it is a kidney stone sounds just like it.  I also have trace amounts of blood in my urine and have had 3 urinary tract infections since august, but do not have one now. I don't know if i should just go to a bigger and better hospital.  Has anyone out there had kidney stones that did not show on cat scan????