Kidney Stones Expert Forum
lower right back pain - bleeding

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

lower right back pain - bleeding

Last night, right after work, I started having severe pain in my lower back/right side.  I had a terrible time sleeping (cold not get comfortable in any position...hurt worse to lay on my left side than on my right...lying on the left cause my right side to hurt worse.)  and woke at 2am in severe pain.  My husband gave me 2 advil PM and it eased the pain enough to allow me to sleep in a propped up position.  the pain is not nearly as intense, but is still there all day today.  I have not been urinating as much as normal, but figured it was because I haven't been drinking as much as I normally do.  Ever since the pain started, there has been a small amount of blood when I wipe, but I can't tell if it is coming from the urine or from...other locations.  My side still feels swollen.  sometimes the pain is eased by rubbing the area, or passing a little gas.  Are these signs of something serious...should I be rushing to the ER or waiting to see if it eases?  Does it sound like kidneys or ovaries or intestinal?
Abdominal or back pain on the fight could be from kidney stones, appendicitis, constipation, gallstones, or ovarian cysts/torsion in women (among other less common things).  If the pain persists it seems reasonable to see a doctor or an emergency room if over the weekend.
hope you will soon be restored to health