Kidney Stones Expert Forum
pain almost daily, edema

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

pain almost daily, edema

I passed multiple kidney stones from both kidneys over a 3 month period,,  i have had kidney stones for almost 20 years, i am 39. Cat scans show no stones atm,, its been a few months and i am still iin heaps if pain almost daily, last 4 days I've been on the couch too sick to function, the pain is just in right kidney, slight temp, edema over entire body,, too scared to go to hospital after prior experience of being treated like a drug addict and given nsaids without the doctor even seeing me. My doctor is useless.. Help! Why does one kidney hurt so much? Why am i puffy mist of the time. Gets hard to breathe and get chest pain at times when very puffy.
At the very least, your doctor should order a 24 hour collection of your urine to determine why you keep making stones, and either change your diet or give you medication to prevent recurrences.  If all the stones are gone by CT, then they are probably really all gone, and I don't know why you are hurting.  If you have a fever, maybe you have a urinary/kidney infection, and should be tested with a urine culture.
I'm in Australia,, need help
Thankyou so much for your reply  :-)
its the edema that concerns me mostly,,
Today the Pain that I've experienced the previous 4 days is gone, and so is the extreem full body edema,, both pitting and non pitting
,,last night i sweated a fair amount and was in so much pain and felt like i would vomit,,, and today just getting the occasional twinge in left kidney , slight edema in face and legs,,
I am also insulin resistant/ pre diabetic, i weigh 54 kg, 5foot 6inches tall, low blood pressure, 39years
Old, i don't drink, take any medication, and try to not eat too many carbs/ sugar The edema actually equates to weight on the scales!!,,  not tied in with cycle,,
Finding that the occasional edema is now regular.how extreen varies, haven't found what triggers this..
Could you please explain why i get so puffy,, is it something to be concerned about from a medial point of view? At what point should i go to hospital for help?
Facial edema and full body pitting edema are causes for concern and need to be evaluated.  There is a huge list of what could be causing this ranging from infections to heart failure, so I would suggest seeing a doctor to check your kidney function and look for protein in the urine, listen to your heart and perhaps get an echocardiogram, and do a thorough history and physical.