Kidney Stones Expert Forum
paresthesia and chronic UTI

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

paresthesia and chronic UTI

I have been battling a UTI that never goes away and usually shows up with only white blood cells first in urine tests, then I have to wait until I have extreme back pain, and what follows that: extreme all over paresthesia.  Then the culture comes back for a UTI if I wait long enough.  I go on antibiotics and paresthesia goes away, burning and cramping go away with just dullness for backpain.  About three days of going off meds, the tingling begins again, then the burning in the urethra, the bladder pain and back pain come back. The Urologist is going to look with a scope, but I had this done before and there was nothing. I had a CT scan on my abdomen that showed nothing.  Do I need to be on antibiotics to live a normal, pain free life?