Kidney Stones Expert Forum
recovery time for uteroscopy
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

recovery time for uteroscopy

I passed blood in my urine about a month ago.  Had CR/Urogram that showed kidney stones, but nothing else. Urologist followed up with cystoscopy. As a man I was terrified. (The worry was far less than the process.) Hoped to have lithropsy, but the urologist who does this said a follow up x-ray didn't show the stones. CT Urogram  showed two non obstructingr,right renal calculi,largestl inear,6 mm in pelvis,new since prior CT.
I am planning a vacation, so my question is once I get on the OR schedule, what time frame are we looking at for recovery?   The urologist who does the uteroscopy was great explaining things. He said if I previously passed stones, I might manage on a trip, but I never have passed stones. He also explained that I might need a stent once he goes in and I'd have to come back.  Does it seemed reasonable that I'll be able to travel 20 days after I'm scheduled? First, if necessary, 10 days for enlarge ureter, then another , would it be ten days after the process ?
Is there any lithropsy device which works with something other than an x-ray ? Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm also petrified thinking of the stent. He was very realistic saying that 10% of people have bad pain with it.
Thanks
3183592_tn?1344634338
This all sounds reasonable.  Lithotripsy can be done with US guidance on some machines, but most use x-ray.  20 days after URS you should be able to travel.  Stents are not comfortable, but I'd say 10% is a reasonable estimate for people who are really miserable with them.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
23 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank