Kidney Stones Expert Forum
stress urinary incontinence ever since ureteral stent and ureteroscopy
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

stress urinary incontinence ever since ureteral stent and ureteroscopy

I had a ureteral stent for 1.5 months in June of 2012. In August of 2012 I had a Ureteroscopy, both were in relation to kidney stones. Ever since the Ureteroscopy I have had pretty bad stress urinary incontinence. Is this a normal side effect of either procedure?? Is this a permanent side effect?? Is there anything non surgical I can do to help the incontinence? I've been doing Kegel exercises religiously since October with no results. It's been 6 months of urinary incontinence.
3183592_tn?1344634338
Neither a stent nor a ureteroscopy should cause stress incontinence.  It has been at least six months so I would suggest seeing a urologist or gynecologist for further evaluation and consideration of a sling, which is a surgical procedure to correct stress incontinence.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank