Kidney Stones Expert Forum
uterus causing kidney swelling
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Kidney Stones Forum. This is a place to ask your personal questions about kidney stones and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

uterus causing kidney swelling

Well im 23 weeks pregnant just had surgery for a stent on monday because with the baby my uterus is pushing agenst my kidney and making it swell if i didnt have this stent in i would not only loose my kidney but may also have had a miscarriage. Now the doc said it would help the pain but sense monday its just the same...if this stent doesnt help the swelling ill have to have a drainage bag in my kidney has anyone ever heard of this or has had this?? I would love to hear some stories and make me feel less alone and scared for my childs life!
3183592_tn?1344634338
Many women have mild blockage of the ureter from a baby in the uterus.  It rarely requires "unblocking" with a stent or a tube in the kidney (called a nephrostomy tube).  Pregnant women can also get a kidney stone, and because of the desire to not use x-rays in a pregnant woman, it can sometimes be hard to diagnose, so if you had severe pain, it may be that you have a kidney stone.  A stent relieves the pressure int he kidney, but it can be uncomfortable also.  A nephrostomy is less uncomfortable, but has the disadvantage of sticking out of your body and draining to a bag.  

You are not going to lose your kidney, and most most women who have these tubes or stents have normal, healthy babies.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank