Knee pain? User Group
7 weeks of unrelenting pain--HELP!
About This Group:

I woke up a couple weeks ago, and I had some pain in my right knee that made it hard for me to bend it. It escaladed to the point where if I straighten it or at least try to it kills me as well as bending it and putting pressure on it by kneeling on it. I have a past of rheumatoid arthritis but I don't know if this would have to do with my knee or it go on everyday for the past few weeks. A lot of forums say I tore my miniscus but I don't think a person can do that in their sleep.. Can someone please tell me what they think it might be?

Founded by ColieMarieee on August 20, 2012
24 members

7 weeks of unrelenting pain--HELP!

Earlier in the year (April or May) I joined a local gym and started with a personal trainer. After about 5 weeks, on 7/17/2012, he had me try to leg press a huge tire across a carpeted floor. The tire kept getting stuck and I told him "I can't do it, it's stuck!" But I was squished between him (he has his back against mine and was pushing against me) and the tire and he made me keep going. After five minutes he finally said I could stop. The second I got up my right knee hurt. I could barely finish the session. The next day I was in excruciating pain all day. I even had to leave work early! On 7/19/2012, I finally went to an urgent care center to be seen. They threw a knee immobilizer and pain meds at me and sent me home. A week or so later I went to my nurse practitioner who gave me a steroid shot in the arm, a steroid prescription and pain pills. A week or so after that I finally went to an ortho, who I saw four times. An MRI was negative for anything but a calf muscle tear. A doppler of the knee and calf showed nothing. I've done 3 weeks of physical therapy, multiple types of pain medications (not together), anti-inflammatories, steroids, a cortisone shot into my knee, I've done heat, I've done cold, I've worn braces, I've worn ace bandages, I've elevated it, I've done massage, I've gone to the ER and got a tramadol shot in the leg, I've tried moving it as much as possible, I've tried 4 days of bed rest. It's been 7 weeks, and I'm still having sharp pain in my knee! The ER doc (who I saw 9/2 because I had a sudden spike in pain and sudden numbness) says it could be meniscal tear that was missed by the MRI. Is this possible? I'm going to see a new ortho in 5 days--how do I get him to believe me? I've only missed 3 days of work in these 7 weeks because I don't have time off yet because it's a new job so it's seriously getting exhausting--something needs to be done!!! Please help!
1 Comment
Are you getting any help here or is this another fruitless effort on our part?
Sorry to bother you
GodBless
zigsmom is ...hanging in there by t... Comment
Sep 29
zigsmom joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 29
raj_90 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 23