Hoping for some sound advice. Knee issue dilema.
My left knee has bothered me off and on for over a year but now is a constant pain, worsening at night or longer periods slightly bent during the day.
When the leg is straightened, instead of the "crease" showing the inner side of the kneecap, there is a HARD knot almost to the bottom, inside area of the kneecap.
The entire knee swells at night, but not lots. Ice and / or heat packs do not take the "lump" down in size but help with the general swelling.
I work 12 hour shifts mostly on my feet in a lab. After sleeping or resting after work the pain makes walking almost impossible without supporting that side of my body on furniture until pain medications start working.
The lump, again, is VERY hard and appears to be growing in size and pain is increasing.  I saw an orthopeodic surgeon. Xrays "didnt show anything". No arthritis and he suggested an MRI to get a better look at what the problem is before deciding what can be done.  The insurance company refuses (no reasons given) TWICE, to authorize the MRI and "suggested" therapy. I am horrified that he "doctor" is now suggesting therapy and a simple question about "who is liable" if therapy makes it worse (the more I use it the more pain and swelling I have) ended the conversation.
I do not know if it is SAFE to go through therapy and see several red flags waving becuase the doctor is letting the insurance company tell HIM what needs done and I am at a loss at what to do.
What are the possibilities of what this can be? What are the risks of continuing to use it 12hour shifts?
Thoroughly disgusted and wont be able to work much longer.  I dont feel I can even get a second opinion because the insurance company is the bigger problem. At this point Im not even confident the doctor would "take me" off work if this gets any worse and much more of this and I'll lose my job. I cant work week after week depending on oxycodone to get through a shift.
Sorry for the drama, but I need help, if at all possible and advice with a direction to go.
God Bless
Knee pain is a chronic disease which cannot be avoided. Sometimes it makes disable for anything. There are some natural pain reliefs to prevent knee pain without depending on the medications with side effects.
1. If you are facing knee problems regularly than use braces (if you are involved in regular activities which involves movement)
2. Exercises are good for knee problems but always warm up yourself or do some stretching before doing any exercises.
3. Prefer the supplements glucosamine and chondroitin which can reduce the inflammation due to osteoarthritis in the joints.
4. One of the best pain relief is giving rest to your knees if you are using them continuously
5. Icing your knees regularly (Maximum 20 minutes a day) this reduces inflammation in the knees
If you have to stand for long periods, I recommend you watch this video. I think it has some good advice for standing. I have found that modifying how I stand makes a big difference in how my knees and back feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88w1xyt5nA

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Dee1956 commented on CDC Becoming Involved...
Aug 27
Verdad_Vee joined this group
Welcome them!
May 13
Jlovequilts joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 24
Related Tags