Lactose Intolerance Community
Lactose intolerant?

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Lactose Intolerant patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Lactose Intolerance, prognosis, research, and treatments.

Lactose intolerant?

Everytime I have a hot chocolate/mocha I have to run to the toilet within 20 minutes. Yet I have no problems when I have my huge bowl of cereal and milk for breakfast. I can eat chocolate, ice cream, yoghurt etc without problems.

Am I lactose intolerant?

If you can drink milk then you are not lactose intolerant. your body is not able to digest the chocolate or cocoa most probably.

Try avoiding these foods from your diet and see if it helps.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Does anyone have any suggestions for being able to control or get rid of my symptoms from Lactose Intolerance?  My Main problem is with milk and Ice cream, I love shakes and sundaes, but even 1 spoonful sets me off and I can only really have it at home… Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated?
Hi ,

It is best to avoid substances that you have documented allergic reactions to. You could try soya milk or coconut milk as alternatives.

Do consult your allergy specialsit about your symptoms.

Let us know about what your specialist advises and if you have any oother doubts.

Regards.