Lactose Intolerance Community
Lactose intolerent is confirmed....but what else...

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Lactose Intolerant patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Lactose Intolerance, prognosis, research, and treatments.

Well i know i am lactose intolerent, seeing everytime i have milk i get really gassy and i most times get a giant stomache ache. My stomache sometimes does seem to swell up as well.
Anwyay, even when i do not have milk, i still feel like i still get alot of gas, i dont know why. I am not allergic to anything, and do not know of any other intolerance. But because of this excessive gas i am forced to hold it in depending where i might be. Example, i am a 14 year old girl, so when i am in class i usually get giant stomache aches because of the gas. I hold it in and sometimes it makes this loud noise inside me, causing me to make up some nonsense about what it was (I call it an 'internal fart').
Excuses:
Like it was the chair, when i move it squeaks. Or i am very hungry, assuming it was a rumbling sound. I often find myself distracted with this problem wondering when and where it will strike again. And feeling very unconfortable when it does. Will someone help me please...
??
There are many things that could be wrong.  You may have a gluten or soy intolerance.  Have you asked your doctor about this?  That would be a good place to start.  Good luck and keep us updated.
Thanks. And no i havent. I thought it was something k could work out on my  own but i dont know... And thanks for the comment. I will take it into consideration... :-)
Look up the 'Fodmaps' diet.  I cannot tolerate certain foods and have had success with this diet.  You dont have to stay on it for ever either.  My problems extend to bowel and prolapse issues also so the gas and distention of my bowel had to be dealt with and this diet helps me.  It is a new thing and in the UK most dieticians are getting informed about it including in the NHS
There is a pill you can take for Lactose intolerance,
Lactobacillus acidophilus, this is over the counter. You could take it with each meal.
Thank you both so much for the advice.
I know the feeling. I am an adult now but when I was younger or a teenager I had stomach problems even then. Back then,they called it something else and not LACTOSE INTOLERANCE. I can not have a glass of milk without getting bloated and get stomach ache and the gas. A lot of gas. When younger I would still eat dairies and drink milk because I loved it and still do.  My stomach is not what it use to be and it does age just like the rest of the body.

Simply said and my opinion is stay away from the dairy and especially milk and don't even drink chocolate milk. This is really bad as your body is telling you please do not put that in my stomach when it reacts to the dairy, milk etc... Because, I enjoy a late night bowel of cereal once in a while. I do eat dairies and milk. I just love cereal and when I do eat cereal with milk I know I am going to pay a price but I really enjoy the occasional bowel of cereal with cold milk. If your like me and you still want to enjoy some dairy pleasures you have choices like not drinking it or eating it or you can take "Probiotics"It helps with digestion and breaking down foods to include dairies and has helps reduce digestive upset and helps with gas BLOATING. The brand and there are many I use is Culturelle for digestive health. It Has a Lactobacillus GG and this probiotic does help when eating dairies.Another option is staying completely away from milk and dairies. This Prtobiotic does seem to work a little if taken for a couple of weeks before eating dairy and drinking milk. It also helps regulate your stomach. Hey could always put some water in the milk and dilute the consistency of the milk. This way it is not so strong. Hope this info..helps

Try Almond Milk. The Breeze one is not as good as the regular brand. Good luck...

Magnum