Lactose Intolerance Community
MILK ALLERGY OR LACTOSE INTOLERANCE

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Lactose Intolerant patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Lactose Intolerance, prognosis, research, and treatments.

MILK ALLERGY OR LACTOSE INTOLERANCE

My daughter is 15 months old, he Dr. said she has a severe seneitivity to dairy. so is it an allergy or intolerance. when she has dairy she projectile vomits, watery stools, mucous in the airways, constant irritability, gas, and crying! when i took her off dairy and put her on SOY products it all stooped in a matter of about 2 days. Please help me. The Dr told me a very small percent of children have this problem and she seems to fit into this catagory. please tell me if it is an allergy, intolerance or something else. I can give her any dairy products or anything with dairy in it or she will have an immediate reaction which is vomiting.
You can google this but I was told recently that alergies (allergies) to dairy and lactose intolerance is really the same thing. Even though it seems like an allergy, it's really intolerance.
Hope that helps.
Both of my girls were born with the lactose intolerance issue too.  My 5 year old outgrew it at about 2 or 3 yrs old.  My 4 year old is still suffering from it.  If she gets milk she will suffer stomach pains,dry poops, and be very cranky.  However, she can tolerate yogurt and we have had and still have to this day a lot of tummy problems with her.  When she was born we put her on Lactose free formula, then on Alimentum when the lactose free kept coming back projectile form, and then back onto the lactose free after that she was ok.  She still cannot eat milk products, but the soy is fine for her too.  Good luck and it gets better.  Maybe she will outgrow it too. I hope my little one does.