Lactose Intolerance Community
lactose intolerance?

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Lactose Intolerant patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Lactose Intolerance, prognosis, research, and treatments.

lactose intolerance?

So I had some dairy tonight, after a rough two weeks of reacting to gluten (gluten sensitive here).  Anyway, I didn't think and had these GF biscuits...and I can't figure out, is what I'm feeling from the dairy, or a reaction to the sugar?

I had massive waves of nausea, to the point I thought I would throw up.  It's still debatable whether or not I will at this  point.  Suffice to say I HURT.  I haven't got the diarrhea part, but considering my main bowel symptom is constipation, that's kinda rare anyway....but based on how I'm feeling, I would say it's not far off.

If I have too much sugar, I get this same feeling.  I feel for a while like my body is on this 'high', and then I CRASH.  When I crash I feel sick to my stomach, and I get incredible shakes, and I also burn up (but not a fever, I don't think).

Any idea if it's the sugar, the dairy, or both?  I steer pretty well clear of dairy normally, but as it was biscuits I didn't think it would be too bad, you know?  They were also really sweet, which is why I'm querying the sugar thing here.

Thanks for any replies/help.  I feel really ill and just hoping I can figure this out.  I don't think it's a bug, as though there is one going around, I've felt this before from dairy and sugar combos beforehand hence why I think it might be that???

Thanks again.
Have you been tested for diabetes? Only saying this due to the explanation of the "crashing after a sugar high.  Have you tried taking those pills to see if it is because you are lactose intolerant?  My fiancee takes them right before he has anything dairy when it does eat diary...you can get them at Wal-mart.  very cheap...this way you could rule that out.  but I don't know anything about the sugar and dairy combo causing problems...perhaps and I am sure someone with greater knowledge will have some more feedback!  have you talked to your doctor?  Just trying to help..sorry!  

Hope you get to feeling better!
It's possible it could be the sugar which you should have checked, but also make sure to check that you're not reacting to the casein in the diary. Unfortunately, many celiacs cross-react to the major protein (casein) and it can cause just as many problems as gluten does.
i'm negative celiac but i'm also intolerant to wheat and lactose..

there's another one you should probably watch for is soy.. I went out and bought some wheat free/gluten free waffles and felt awful..after looking closely at labels I found out it was soy as well and most celiacs have problems with soy.

Another thing you can do is buy some lactaid pills and see if that improves your situation..drink some milk with casein in it and if you don't react badly you're not allergic to casein (another trick...)

another thing to maaaaybe check down the road is your thyroid...can cause constipation and weird symptoms but first i'd eliminate soy for 2 weeks along with lactose and gluten and see where you are. :)  Good luck! (and welcome to the crowd..)