Lactose Intolerance Community
lactose intolerant

Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Lactose Intolerant patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Lactose Intolerance, prognosis, research, and treatments.

lactose intolerant

I am wondering if I could have a milk allergy or dairy allergy.  I had 2 pieces of cheese pizza for dinner and then went to bible study.  All of a sudden my stomach started rumbling and the amount of gas I had was horrible.  I didn't ever think I would make it home in time before I had a blow out.  NOt diarreah (diarrhea).  I have continued to have gas but it appears to be settled down now.    

What is your age? Have you had any peculiar or abnormal symptoms previously on eating milk products or drinking milk?

The chances are more in favour of your symptoms being due to sour or stale cheese or some other substance in the pizza which was not fresh.

You should take an over the counter anti reflux, antinausea medication, drink plenty of water, eat light food, avoid processed , spicy foods for a couple of days.

If your symptoms persist or worsen, it would be best to consult your doctor.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.
I am almost 50.  Female. I guess my post wasn't clear now that I re-read it.  I have been having problems for a while.  I have tried to put my finger on it and I can't figure out why I get these bouts of horrible gas.  Sometimes I look like I am about 3 months pregnant.  The sysmptoms come out of no where.  All of a sudden I get this weird feeling in my abdomen area and then it starts......

Your right, I don't think the pizza had anything to do with it.

I don't drink alot of milk I have just recently started drinking Almond milk which I enjoy.  I eat alot cheese and yogart.  Sometimes even when I eat protein meals I get really bad gas.  The pain  sometimes stops me in my tracks.  It just feels like I have a ballon in my abdomen area building and building. I have gone to see gastro doctors and I have had a colonoscopy which was normal.  I was told I had irritable bowel which I don't believe.  I can go for days and days with no problem and then out of no where the gas becomes a problem.  I hope this adds more insight.  Thanks for your help.
It sounds like you are lactose intolerante.  I keep a bottle of enzyme pills from Shaklee around, (www.***.***).  I use them for certain foods I have a problem with, but my daughters friend is lactose intolerant and I give these to her when she is over.  After she takes it she is able to eat ice cream, cheese, etc. with no problems.  I think there is an over the counter pill called lactaid you could try or I heard of beano also.

You apparently can't tolerate the lactose in dairy products. You don't have the proper enzymes to break it down and that is why you are getting the gas problem.  This doesn't mean you have an allergy to dairy products though.  Your problem is with the lactose in the dairy.

My son is the opposite from you.  He doesn't get the gas, bloating, nasea, or diarreah (diarrhea) from dairy products because he can tollerate the lactose, but he is allergic to the dairy itself and breaks out in hives from it.

Good Luck!
thanks for the imput.  I have thought that maybe that was the culprit as well, latose intolerant.  I am currently taking food enzymes.  NOt sure what is  going  on the last few days have been worse than others.  Appreciate your thoughts.