Learning Disabilities Expert Forum
Help fpr college
About This Forum:

Questions in the Learning Disability Forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis, Behavioral Issues, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Language-Speech Issues, Living With Learning Disabilities, Parenting, School Issues, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help fpr college

I am a 28 year old in college. I have been trying to get help with my school work for sometime now. The school wont assist me. What do I do in this matter? I have been diagnosed with depresson, obsesive compulsive disorder and borderline mental retardation.
I need help with my school work to get my certification. What do I do so If i dont know to do something financial wont take my aid.
Related Discussions
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
    in order to get help in your courses, you need to visit your school's office of disability support services. Your advisor or any professor can tell you how to do this. You will need to show college staff  the records to prove that you have a disability. These reports will be called Psychological Evaluations. If you do not have any, you will need to ask your college to refer you to a psychologist who can test you. If you have a disability, you have a right to extra help in your classes.

Your school counseling center can also help you. The counselors can help you get testing and can help you with your depression. They can also tell you who can help you with your financial aid. These people are there to help students, so take advantage of their services.

Best Wishes
Rebecca Resnik
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
5624042_tn?1372200166
Tali Shenfield, PhDBlank
Richmond Hill Psychology Center
Richmond Hill, ON,
521840_tn?1348844371
Rebecca Resnik, PsyDBlank
MindWell Clinical Psychology